Finding the best backpack vacuum for home use that fit your cleaning needs can be a daunting task. With all those brands in the market today promising heaven, not all of them actually delivers.
But first of all, what is backpack vacuum? Well, these vacuums are created to help the user move fast while vacuuming homes. These vacuums work similar to canister vacuums and can suck debris and dirt effectively from various spots and clean them up.
However, backpack vacuum is designed to be transported easily by placing it on the back at the time of cleaning. These devices come with straps that can keep them securely attached to the shoulders and back of users. Due to this convenience, these devices are in high demand among consumers. Find out about 10 best backpack vacuums available on the market right now.
Below is the table which shows the top rated backpack vacuums.
- Comparison Table of Best Backpack Vacuums
- Best Backpack Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
- 1. Hoover Commercial C2401 Shoulder Vac Pro Backpack Vacuum– Best backpack vacuum for home use
- 2. Rubbermaid Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner, 8-Amp, 10-quart (1868434)
- 3. ProTeam Super CoachVac Backpack Vacuum – best commercial backpack vacuum.
- 4. ProTeam ProVac FS 6 Commercial Backpack Vacuum with Tool Kit, 6 Quart – Corded
- 5. Sanitaire EURSC412 Vacuum – Powerful, Quiet, Lightweight.
- 6. GV 8 Qt Quart Light HEPA BackPack Vacuum blower – Best backpack vacuum for hardwood floors
- 7. Shop-Vac 2860010 6.5-Peak HP Industrial BackPack Vacuum
- 8. Hoover C2401-010 Shoulder Vac Pro Commercial BackPack Vacuum with 1-1/4-Inch Attachment Kit
- 9. Atrix VACBP1 Hepa Backpack Vacuum – Corded
- 10. Koblenz BP-1400 Commercial Grade Backpack Vacuum Cleaner – Corded
Comparison Table of Best Backpack Vacuums
Best Backpack Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
Well, now without wasting any further time, let’s jump on to reviews for 10 best backpack vacuums.
1. Hoover Commercial C2401 Shoulder Vac Pro Backpack Vacuum– Best backpack vacuum for home use
- Hoover c2401 shoulder vac pro is a compact but powerful cleaning tool. All the dust and debris are neatly packed away into a backpack canister, which means cleaning is easy and hassle-free.
- You can check the amount of debris and dust at any time due to the clear dome lid. The amazing HEPA filtration helps clear away all types of particulates, whether dust mites, pollen or allergens. The unit is capable of carrying a maximum amount of 6.4 quarts of debris and dust.
- Hoover backpack vacuum has an easy design, which has been approved by chiropractors. The device can easily be carried by users and even taken up and down stairs with convenience.
- This industrial backpack vacuum has a long cord, meant for covering a wider area and cleaning up with more convenience. Users can cover a bigger area at one go, which can reduce their time for cleaning up the inside of their home, office or other industrial floors. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- The back of the unit can push down your pants while the waist strap pulls at the shirt, and makes your dress come off. It is better to wear a longer belt and shirt, or vacuum when no one else is at home.
- Hoover C2401 backpack vacuum is noiseless, but it is important to maintain it properly to keep the noise-free operations intact.
- The cleaner does not work well on shag or high-pile carpets, and it is not meant for you if your home consists of tall carpet mostly. See reviews for best vacuum for shag carpet.
- Emptying the bag can be annoying at times, and the frequency will be higher if you have to do more amount of cleaning in one session. You should be mindful of the direction of the wind while emptying the bag.
The cord attached to the device is long enough, and can sometimes get into your way and pose risks of tripping. You can avoid this problem by tying it into a knot. This is true for every vacuum cleaning unit with a long cord, and cannot be actually regarded as a negative point that is singular to this device.
- Hoover C2401 backpack vacuum is lightweight, which weighs just 9.2 pounds. Naturally, carrying it around is not a problem for users. The strap that comes with the unit allows users to rest it very securely on the shoulders and back. Even when you stand up straight, the device will not cause backaches for you. This device lets you operate it well and its functionality is inarguable.
- The hose of the unit hangs down from the back. You can pick up the wand again easily even when you let the wand go, such as while cleaning furniture.
- The end of the hose has a curved piece of plastic, which makes it useful for tidying up the top sections of baseboards.
- The unit comes with a long extension cord, which allows users to get a wider and longer reach for cleaning.
- Carrying it on the back for an extended time can make you feel quite hot, especially during hot summers. It is important to switch the device off and get it off your back for some time, before resuming work once again.
- Although the device boasts of bagless operation and comes with a reusable bag, it can be somewhat unpleasant to empty the bag.
- This is a noiseless and powerful device, which is light in weight and allows you to clean around obstacles with ease. It is convenient to maneuver this unit, and its swivel hose allows it to clean hard surfaces or carpets.
- With only 66 dBA, it is the best backpack vacuum for noise-sensitive homes and offices. It has a unique frame design, which keeps away heat from the body and promotes airflow as well.
- The unit comes with the CRI Seal of Approval and is LEED point-qualified as well.
- Rubbermaid backpack vacuum comes with a hard-mounted cord restraint, which can help you to avoid cord strain and damage.
- The model consists of a wide range of accessories, such as sealed vacuum bags, 40-foot 3-wire cord, upholstery tool, dusting brush, aluminum wands, floor tool, crevice tool and flexible hose. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- This is the best backpack vacuum for hardwood floors but you might have some problems in understanding how it works on carpets and rugs. Dragging it softly over the carpet will not work too well. You have to push it down to scrub the rugs. This is necessary as the unit lacks any type of rotating brush.
- In case you mostly have carpet in your rooms at home, I would advise you to go for a traditional vacuum. Otherwise, you can be in for some exertion with the kind of scrubbing that your carpets need with the cleaning tool.
- It is better to stop using the device at a stretch for more than 15 – 20 minutes, as the motor can get overheated. You should stop using it for a few minutes before resuming cleaning operations once again.
- The hose can be twisted after some time of cleaning, and you have to twist it back into place in order to go on with the tidying operations. However, it is quite robust in operations and holds a lot of dust and debris in the bag.
- The first time you use the cleaner, you might bump into doorways. It is important to move slowly while walking, with the device latched onto your back.
- It can be slightly difficult to attach the harness straps properly. However, after 1 – 2 uses, you are likely to get comfortable with the process. The straps are strong and highly comfortable.
- This is a comfortable, lightweight and powerful backpack vacuum for home use, which comes with a convenient back harness.
- It has a powerful motor, which helps drive the operations fast and easily. You can get more suction power and reduce your cleaning time significantly. This is important when you are handling cleaning after a lot of work, and would want the process to finish as fast as possible.
- This is a noiseless device and has been appreciated for its quiet operations. In offices or in homes with little babies or elderly people, the cleaner can come in handy.
- Some rivets can break and the electrical cables entering the vacuum can come off eventually.
- The top can be somewhat loose for some people, and buyers would have liked the top to be latched on slightly tighter.
- Replacement components can be costly, and difficult to find.
3. ProTeam Super CoachVac Backpack Vacuum – best commercial backpack vacuum.
- This is a powerful cleaner that comes with a backpack design and allows users to tackle even challenging cleaning operations.
- The high filtration and effective backpack vacuum is perfect for vacuuming areas that witness a lot of foot traffic and needs to be cleaned the most thus making it the best commercial backpack vacuum.
- This is a powerful unit that combats poor quality indoor air with mote amount of mobility and comfort than can be expected from a backpack HEPA vacuum cleaner.
- The unit is ideal for vacuuming upholstery, stairs, carpets and hard floors, as well as lighting, fans, vents, blinds and other surfaces above the floor. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- You have to watch out for the suction of the unit. Once you take the aluminum wand off, it appears that anything that comes within 4 – 5 inches of the hose end risks being sucked up and into the cleaner bag.
- As the unit is lightweight, it is common to bump into stuff with the cleaner latched on to your back. You can forget its existence on your back until you bump into doorways, walls, and furniture. It is important to walk slowly, in order to avoid falling down due to impact. However, the vacuum tends to fit near to the body, which reduces risks of accidental contact with doorways and walls in any case.
You have to wear the cleaner properly so that the adjustable harness of the cleaner properly responds as you move. This will also reduce the strain of cleaning on your arms, back, leg and core muscles.
Although cleaning the corners is very easy, the vacuum has a tendency to stick to papers or pant legs that its nozzle comes close to.
- The device is light in weight and versatile in operations. It is perfect for commercial cleaning such as lodging, stadiums, arenas, large meeting facilities, schools, universities, colleges and for building contractors. See reviews for best commercial vacuum.
- This is a highly productive cleaning tool and happens to be dear to commercial cleaning professionals at any location. It can clean up allergens, dust, mite, bacteria, mold, pollen, dead skin cells, pet hair and more.
- The tool helps save a lot of time and effort in cleaning, whether you are intending to tidy up small or large areas, low or high surfaces, carpet or hard surfaces. For people with a busy lifestyle and having no one else to clean at home, it can be perfect, time-saving cleaning equipment.
- The hose attached to the aluminum wand is not very secure and can fall off as you vacuum clean. It is a good idea to wrap this with Velcro tape in order to keep it securely attached to the unit.
- The carpet or floor head does not swivel when you stand up straight, and you need to bend down to have it vacuum properly. This can put your back under strain when you are cleaning for a long time.
- The device has been specially designed to help cater to the cleaning requirements of the hospitality and food service industry.
- This backpack vacuum is commercial-grade and has been designed without brushes, belts or beater bars. It is used in school cafeterias, motels, hotels, kitchens, bars, nightclubs, eateries, restaurants etc.
- The cleaning tool is integrated with a HEPA media filter, which combats poor quality air in the indoor environment, in order to increase mobility and comfort. If you have asthmatic patients or small kids or babies at home, this can be a good equipment to ensure safety for their health.
- The unit is useful for cleaning lighting, fans, vents, blinds and other above-the-floor surfaces. It can also be used for cleaning upholstery, stairs, carpets and hard floors. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
It is important to adjust the harness properly, to prevent bumping into objects at the time of cleaning. You should be careful while fitting the harness, to avoid any issues while cleaning.
It is important to unclamp the top prior to using it for the first time, and then checking it to ensure that the filters are in proper position.
- The device is very easy to use. All that you have to do is plug the flexible hose into the cleaner, connecting it to the tool, taking the cord out and plugging it inside. This can be enough to make the device ready to use.
- Although the device is not the perfect cleaner to deep clean pile carpets, it is enough to be used in most restaurants and offices. It might not be a problem to use it on any facility having these types of floor surfaces.
- This is a durable unit and has been designed to last for a long time. You will not have to buy another cleaner anytime soon.
- The product comes with a very long cord, which lets you use it over a longer area. You can take it around from one room to another without any difficulties.
- This is a backpack cleaner and can be taken along easily. There is no need to drag the drag the tool and bounce it off furniture and walls. Although it has to be worn on the back, it is easily movable.
- The device is light in weight and comes with an extremely adjustable harness. It has an extra long extension pole, which makes it convenient for you to clean up cobwebs from the corners of high ceilings.
- The device does not have too many negative points. However, it has a slightly thick wand and those with extremely small hands would find it difficult to hold on to something.
- The hose of the cleaner simply inserts into the upper section of the vacuum cleaner as well into its wand. Over time, the parts can be separated due to the connections getting loose. It would be better to have a screw on or clip connection.
5. Sanitaire EURSC412 Vacuum – Powerful, Quiet, Lightweight.
- This easy device allows you to access spots that are tough to reach. You can easily move around big workspaces and offices.
- It comes with the seal of approval from CRI, and boasts of 11.5 Amp power, 4-stage filtration, and attachments that are 1 ½ inch long for bare floor and carpet cleaning.
- The device boasts of HEPA filter, which can eliminate 99.97% particles as small as 0.3 microns. The vacuum matches LEED requirements and its CRI green seal is 69 decibel-rated.
- The cleaner comes with a disposable dust bag system having a capacity of 6 quarts, cleaning path of 12 inches and 50-feet long cord.
- It is offered with a 2-year warranty. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- The vacuum cleaner is easy to use, but you have to do it with a lot of care while using it first. Otherwise, the stripes can end up bruising the area under your arms. It is a good idea to wear a thick upper garment, although it is not a practical solution during the peak summer months.
- The hand attachments fit only over the long extension pipe, and with a swivel. You might need a short adapter pipe for fixing this problem.
The owner manual is not complete, and the exact way to replace the four filters is not properly mentioned. You should check online tips to know how to do this.
- It has lightweight tubing, which makes it convenient for users to clean the spots under most types of furniture without needing to remove it. However, it is not the ideal choice for cleaning up small areas.
- Sanitaire backpack vacuum comes with an accessory, which is meant for cleaning up carpets. However, plush, high-quality rugs have to be agitated.
- This backpack vacuum has a powerful suction, nice design, and noiseless operations. The cord is 50 foot long and has a larger than normal hose diameter, which can help you to clean up a wider area.
- The hose is not clogged. It is more convenient to use on hard floor surfaces.
- The cleaner has a robust motor with amazing suction power. Despite the highly powerful motor that drives all the operations, it is noiseless during usage.
- It makes cleaning operations very convenient. The bag can be changed very easily.
- Sanitaire Backpack vacuum is light in weight and can be transported easily from one place to another.
- The unit is well built and has a perfect construction. However, it has a spring loaded button which holds the two wands together in a weak manner.
- The attachment of the flexible hose with the extension wand happens to be an issue. You need a lot of effort to attach the hose with the wand, which can get loose while you are using the device.
- The canister is not retractable and it can be difficult to store the power cord.
6. GV 8 Qt Quart Light HEPA BackPack Vacuum blower – Best backpack vacuum for hardwood floors
- The device is robust but light in weight and measures just 10 pounds. If you need to clean plenty of tiles or hardwood in your office or home, you should get this vacuum.
- GV 8 Qt backpack vacuum comes with a long cord, measuring 25 feet, which offers cleaning over a large surface area.
- The cleaner comes with padded waist and shoulder straps, and you can clean comfortably for long hours.
- The device comes with a 4-stage Filtration system, and you can get 8 Quart SMS cloth bag, sealed 6 HEPA bags and sealed HEPA filter.
- There are premium tools, consisting of deluxe floor tool, upholstery tool, duster brush and crevice tool. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
The performance of the pneumatic power head is not as good as one that is driven by electricity. You have to factor in your cleaning requirements to consider whether to go for this backpack vacuum cleaner.
- The in-built power cord happens to be just 2 feet in length, and you should order an extension cord with 13 Amp or more power.
- Although it lightweight and comes with padded straps, it is better to use the vacuum for short periods and take it off for a few minutes. Using it at a stretch can be tiring.
The accessories happen to be only friction fit onto the vacuum tube. This could turn out to be a problem in the coming years.
- The unit is extremely light in weight, and you can wear it comfortably for cleaning operations. The padded waist and shoulder strap takes off the weight of the cleaner while working.
- GV 8 Qt backpack vacuum does not emit any noise while in use, and in this one area, it gives most other vacuum cleaners of backpack variety solid competition.
- It consists of an air powered power brush, which works amazingly well on low pile carpets as well as rugs.
- It has a powerful main floor attachment head, and there are simple but strong cover and latches for changing bags.
- You need some time to get used to this device. It is better to use it on smaller surfaces and corners in the initial stages, to be familiar with how it works. Once you have a hang of how it works, you can proceed to stairs, walls, under furniture items and coffee tables. It is a good idea to use it on the floor first, in order to avoid crashing into walls for a few times.
- There is no feature to retract the cord that comes with this cleaner, and it can be quite a pain to roll it back manually.
- The air driven floor attachment is not as impressive as it should have been.
- Shop Vac backpack vacuum comes with a number of accessories, such as disposable fine dust collection bag, cartridge filter, dual surface nozzle, Positive-Lock, Metal Extension Wands, Lock On Hose etc.
- It is offered with a power cord that measures 25 feet and ensures wider surface cleaning at one go.
- It comes with an easy tool storage belt, and there is on/off switch for convenient reach.
- The vacuum can be easily assembled, and the setup is nothing to be concerned about. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
As you move around various objects at the time of cleaning, it is important to allow some amount of clearance. This will ensure that you do not bump into them, or the furniture or walls nearby.
The low weight of this model means that you do can easily bend down to pick up an object if you need. However, it is a good idea not to do this if you have low back pain or a sprained hip.
- The device comes with a wide brush and not a medium sized brush that can be used conveniently. It is extremely assistive for cleaning up wide-open floors.
- Initially, you can encounter some difficulties in understanding the instructions given in the manual.
- Keep in mind that the vacuum can be easily clogged up. It can suck up socks fast as well.
- It can be perfect for home use, as well as for commercial cleaning operations. It is a perfect fit for those areas where larger vacuum cleaners cannot fit, such as the crawlspace or drop down attic.
- The cleaner is lightweight in design, and you will not break your back while using it for long hours. Considering the fact that cleanup generally follows a lot of backbreaking work, using a heavy backpack vacuum is not a good idea.
- The long cord is a welcome change from many of the backpack cleaner tools that come with medium or short cords. The extra length ensures that you can clean up a larger surface area.
- Each component boasts of a strong and decent construction and looks aesthetic as well. You can be assured about the longevity of its parts.
- It has a low noise level, which means that you can get more convenience and comfort at the time of cleaning. Despite a powerful motor driving the operations, the noise level is comfortably low.
- Although it is easy to wear and is of an adjustable variety, the device can pull down on your pants.
- The inclusion of only one accessory might get your goat, considering that similar units at this price point come with 4 or more number of accessories.
- The vacuum cleaner is powered by an 8.5 amp motor, which ensures robust suction.
- It has a transparent lid, which can help you to view all the objects that have been trapped inside.
- It has strong shoulder straps, which are made secure due to a chiropractor-designed harness.
- The unit comes with a HEPA filter, which can trap as much as 99.97% of foreign particles as much as 0.3 microns in size.
- It can be used along with a disposable paper bag insert or a shake out cloth liner.
- The hypercone HEPA filter helps lower the number of irritants, microorganisms, and allergens.
- The device boasts of an intermediate noise insulator, which can help reduce the noise level more than the majority of other vacuum cleaners that exist on the market at present. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
The cord control could have been better. It is a good idea to wrangle the cord with Velcro strips and then putting it over the plastic frame.
It can be difficult for you to clean the filter. It would be a good idea to buy disposable filters, which can be done away with whenever they get dirty.
It has a powerful suction and anything coming within 1 – 2 inches of the hose can get drawn to it. You should keep the hose away from drapes, paper documents, and small objects.
- The unit boasts of a strong suction, and the bags or filters can be changed conveniently.
- It has a small storage footprint, and you can move it around with convenience. For people with small space for storage, it can be a perfect device.
- The vacuum cleaner can work amazingly well on tile floors, stone floors, and hardwood floors.
- This backpack vacuum works efficiently and takes a little time to vacuum-clean various types of surfaces.
- With the included attachment, the device does not work very well on carpets. It is a good idea to purchase an additional rug attachment.
- The storage of the attachments and the hose is not a very good one.
- This backpack vacuum boasts of 4 stage fine filtration and 3-quart filter capacity.
- It is robust and light in weight and can be transformed conveniently into a blower. It is just 10 pounds in overall weight, and there is easy weight distribution, which makes it comfortable and convenient to use.
- The belt loops have an accessory storage, and the device offers a convenient and ergonomic fit.
- It has a versatile design and has robust blower and vacuum capabilities. It is ideal for hospitals, hotels, schools, lobbies and offices.
- Atrix VACBP1 backpack vacuum has a telescopic wand and various other accessories, which satisfy all types of cleaning requirements. It is perfect for those areas that need plenty of cleanings, such as air vents, blinds, drapes or slot machines. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
If your home has a lot of pet hair, the brushes on the cleaner attachment can be clogged. It is a good idea to use a comb at the end of every cleaning session, to pull out all the hair.
The unit boasts of an intense suction and can pull in almost any light object that comes close to its hose. It is a good idea to clean while keeping this in mind.
Although the vacuum has a strong belt to be worn around the waist, it would have been better to have straps that fit at the point where it connects to the sternum. It would have ensured better distribution of weight. Naturally, you should keep the device off your back for a few minutes in between cleaning operations.
- The device is not very loud in operations and can be a perfect fit for homes where elderly patients or small babies are in the family. It is also great for offices and calls centers.
- The cleaner is considerably light in weight, and you can be assured that it will not place your arms, back or neck under strain. The backpack makes cleaning much more convenient.
- The turbo floor brush is wide enough. There is no need to crawl beneath or between furniture items to tidy up spaces.
- The device comes with a durable build, and even the telescopic wand is made of metal and not plastic.
- The small rectangular attachment offered with this unit allows convenient dusting of wooden furniture as well as cleaning of pet hairs.
The bag offered with the unit has a paper top. As a result, it cannot be washed and cleaned. It would have been better if the manufacturer had included a disposable bag instead.
- This backpack vacuum cleaner is commercial grade stuff and can be operated with a lot of conveniences.
- The unit consists of a robust 11.5 amp motor that drives all operations quietly. The noise level is very low during cleaning operations.
- The cleaner comes with an entire set of accessory tools, which makes reaching difficult spots very convenient.
- The device comes with a durable build, which is expected from its manufacturer Koblenz which has been in the business of creating superior floor care products for more than 4 decades now.
- The cleaner has an ergonomic design, which ensures amazing performance, versatility, and durability. It has full padded shoulder straps and a back plate harness and support to ensure good health. This ensures cleaning is very convenient. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
If the fittings are not placed properly, it can be difficult to get them changed. You need to ensure that the ring is fitted tightly. Otherwise, it will not hold securely.
One of the accessories of Koblenz backpack vacuum causes too much friction, producing a lot of noise and ending up scratching the piece. You can solve this issue by using the attachment included for the carpet. It would have been better if the maker integrated the attachment with small wheels for vacuuming the floor.
The extension cord is of a good length, but if you are into cleaning malls or large offices, you might need an extension cord to lengthen its reach even more.
- It has a pigtail line cord of 50-foot length, which lets users clean bigger areas and save a lot of time in the process.
- The on/off switch with belt clip helps cleaners to get convenient access. Koblenz BP-1400 has a good carrying handle, which ensures that the unit can be easily transported without putting the arms under strain.
- There is a 4-stage filtration system, which consists of a HEPA filter, an outer cloth bag, and a disposable filter bag. It offers great bang for the buck.
- The unit boasts of amazing suction power, and can easily clean up dust, mites, pollen, pet hair, allergens and more.
Koblenz backpack vacuum does not seem to have any negatives worth talking about. However, you might find it tough to carry on extended cleaning with this backpack vacuum. It is a good idea to take it off your back for some minutes before placing it back on and resuming work.
Overall, which backpack vacuum you should go for ultimately depends on your choice and the various benefits that the devices come with. If you want to use the device for cleaning up your carpets, or only pet hair, or simply floors, you have to buy a unit that does the work in an appropriate way. It is hardly a good idea to buy a cleaner without considering your daily cleaning purposes and requirements. Once you have factored in all such things, be assured of better cleaning equipment.