Looking for the best vacuum for pet hair? Then read on to discover the best vacuums for pet hair available right now on the market. As a pet keeper, you love your pet to bits but hate the fact that their hair is everywhere – on the floor, over furniture sets, on the carpet, on the stairs and many other spots. This not only ruins the overall ambience of your home, but emits bad odor as well. This can be unhygienic, and even dangerous to breathe in for your kids and guests.
And with lots and lots of brands on the market promising the heaven in terms of cleaning, how many of them actually deliver the expected results? That’s why it is important to look for best vacuum for pet hair to help you in the cleaning operations. Take a look at some of the best pet hair cleaners that exist today on the market, as you go about your quest to find the best vacuum for pet hair.
- 1 Guide to finding the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
- 3 1. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional with Dust-Away (NV356E)– best shark vacuum for pet hair.
- 4 2. Dyson DC65 – Best Vacuum for Pet Hair.
- 5 3. Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum
- 6 4. Hoover Pet Rewind Vacuum – Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Under 150
- 7 5. BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Vacuum 1305 with Pet TurboEraser Tool – Corded
- 8 6. Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum with Pet Attachments, 3684F
- 9 Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair
- 10 8. ILIFE V3s– Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pets and Allergies Home.
- 11 9. bObsweep
- 12 Best Cordless Handheld Vacuums for Pet Hair 2017
- 13 11. Dyson V6
- 14 12. Shark Perfect II – Best vacuum for pet hair Under $100.
- 15 13. Shark Rocket– Best vacuum for pet hair.
Guide to finding the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Comparison Chart
|Image||Pet Hair Vacuum||Weight [lbs]||Cord Length [ft]||Hose Length [ft]||Rating [/5]|
|Image||Pet Hair Vacuum||Weight [lbs]||Cord Length [ft]||Hose Length [ft]||Rating [/5]|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away (NV356E)||13.7||30||5||4.5|
|Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum||16||27||10||4.1|
|Hoover Vacuum Pet Rewind||17||25||8||4.0|
|Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum with Pet Attachments, 3684F||8.6||20||6||3.8|
Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
Well, let’s jump on to our top best vacuum for pet hair.
This one is a lightweight upright vacuum that comes with a detachable canister and offers portable cleaning power. With a simple button push, it can allow you to clean the spots that are difficult to reach. It boasts of the powerful Lift-Away technology that is useful for cleaning operations. The vacuum also comes with a HEPA filter and a fully sealed system for trapping allergens and dust. There is the Dust-Away hard floor accessory to lift dust and debris from bare floors, and a Brushroll Shutoff button that allows easy switching between bare floor and carpet cleaning. Click here to see latest price on Amazon
The cleaner comes with washable sponge filters and felt. You can rinse those and allow them to be air-dried, before starting with cleaning again. It would be nice to buy a spare set as the filters can take some time for air-drying. You cannot vacuum without those.
While cleaning up solid surface flooring, you have to turn off the beater bar to avoid marring the finish. The bar is disengaged automatically once the vacuum is powered on and in an upright posture. This means no more scratched wood floors or burnt carpets.
- Shark Lift-Away has a stiff-bristled brush that is excellent for cleaning upholstery. However, it is not good enough for dusting electronic items.
- If you want to use the built-in, longer cleaning wand, you will need to unravel the power cord completely and then detach the cord from the cord hook.
- It boasts of powerful suction, and you will be amazed at how much dirt it can lift from the carpet.
- The pet hair vacuum can easily be assembled and used.
- It has a bigger dust cup that can be emptied and cleaned easily each time you sit down for cleaning.
- Shark Lift-away comes with an affordable price tag. It comes at a third of what an upright Dyson costs, and you can compare the cleaning performance as well.
- Shark Lift-Away is found to tip over very easily. While using attachments or wand, the vacuum can topple over due to the slightest pull.
- It lacks a light. It could be useful to have two LED lights to light up dark areas for easier cleaning, and it would not have added much to the weight of the vacuum either.
2. Dyson DC65 – Best Vacuum for Pet Hair.
This is a robust upright vacuum cleaner aimed to clean hair from multiple surfaces. It boasts of the newest Ball technology that allows convenient steering into spots that are difficult to reach. The self adjusting cleaner head and Radial Root Cyclone technology lets it suck dirt from floors and carpets. In the Dyson vacuum range, the DC65 boasts of the best overall pick-up. It has a tangle-free turbine tool that cleans without getting stuck anywhere. The self-adjusting cleaner head can seal the suction in across hard floors and carpets. It consists of counter-rotating heads consisting of brushes that can remove dirt and hair from upholstery. The reconfigured brush bar has 25% more amount of power to remove more dirt and drive bristles deeper into the surface of carpets. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Some users have reported that the unit sometimes throws off plenty of heat. This is not something to bother about while vacuuming single rooms. It is best to wait for sometime between vacuuming various rooms of the entire home.
It has HEPA air filters, which can get soiled after some cleaning operations. However, the product manual mentions that the air filters need to be washed after every 3 months.
The product is offered with enough space to store brushes and accessory tools. A proper fold-up bag is offered for holding the rest of the accessories, with sufficient room to keep more.
Dyson DC65 is offered with a 2-in-1 combination tool that cleans pet hair making it the best vacuum for pet hair and can work as a brush tool as well as a debris nozzle. It can easily allow dusting with a button-push. It comes with stair tool, tangle-free turbine tool, soft dusting brush and multi-angle brush other than a stiff bristle brush.
- At 21.2 pounds, this is a very lightweight pet floors cleaning tool.
- The unit boasts of a long hose and long cord, allowing greater reach for cleaning operations.
- This is a noiseless device, and quietly goes about cleaning all surfaces.
- It can be emptied easily, which is a big plus during regular cleaning operations.
- There are two washable filters.
- The storage box cannot hold all the accessories offered with the vacuum.
- The price point can be a bother for some buyers, as this one is a fairly expensive cleaner. See inexpensive vacuums.
The Bissell 1650A Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum comes in as our third vacuum for best vacuum for pet hair because it has been designed exclusively for cleaning pet hair from various surfaces. It consists of specialized pet tools to clean embedded hair, eliminate odors and capture allergens. The smart seal Allergen system ensures convenient cleaning of allergens. The patented cyclonic spooling system offers hands-free tank emptying facility.
It has a tangle-free brush roll that eliminates the need for hair-wrap. The Smart Seal Allergen System comprises of Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator that can eliminate pet odors while vacuuming and also keep allergens trapped within the vacuum. There is a Pet TurboEraser Tool that removes hair embedded from upholstery and carpets, and hidden dirt is uncovered by the LED-lit crevice tool. There are specialized pet tools that come with Quick Release Wand for trapping pet hair from any spot. The Cyclonic Patented Pet Hair Spooling System ensures emptying without the use of hands. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
It is important to use the plastic accessory with care, as it is soft and can break easily if pressed on.
The flexible hose does not offer sufficient reach in the form of a stable wand. There is also a short wand, although it is shorter than a few other best vacuums for pet hair. While using the wand with the hose, you should first extend your hose all the way. Else, there can be risks of pulling the vacuum over as well.
The unit comes with a soft brush attachment, which stores directly on the wand. However, it attaches to the wand in a slightly awkward fashion. However, there are rubber nubs on one of the sides for hair collection. The other side consists of soft bristles that are perfect for dusting.
- The roller bar stays clean even after tidying up pet hair properly from varied surfaces.
- It has a wonderful crevice tool, which allows easy access into difficult areas. The strong suction helps in convenient cleaning.
- A toggle switch on the cleaner handle makes it easy to turn the brush on or off. It can easily be reached and used, as reviewed by many users.
- It consists of a canister that can easily be emptied and even small balls getting stuck into it can be removed easily.
- The cleaner works better on carpet surfaces than over hardwood floors. However, this is probably true for most of the full-sized upright vacuums.
- Bissell 1650A lacks headlights, which can make cleaning operations difficult in dark or dim-lit areas.
4. Hoover Pet Rewind Vacuum – Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Under 150
The Upright vacuum allows easy management of pet hair and the patented WindTunnel technology from Hoover allows trapping and directing of dirt to the dirt cup, and reducing scatter. It comes with Air-Powered Pet Hand Tool, 5 position carpet height adjustments, a folding handle for storage and an easy cord rewind feature. The unit comes with a 25-feet cord that can be winded up easily by tapping the pedal softly to activate the cord rewind feature and retracting the cord for easy storage. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
It is best not to forget the general maintenance aspect. After every month or two, you should dismantle the entire vacuum and use dish soap and warm water to give it a thorough cleaning. You can easily disassemble the unit, which means it is easy to clean up even the smallest components.
The unit can be assembled and disassembled easily, but it is better that you take a look at the manual instructions first to be on the safe side.
Although the unit does not come with another HEPA filter, the one on-board is reusable in form. You can use dish soap to wash it and let it dry.
- It comes with robust suction power but the brush does not suck up threads that stick to rug fibers. The hose attachment picks those up.
- It is quite soft during operations, and the sound can be tolerated easily.
- You can easily access and rinse the filters of the unit, soiled while cleaning hairs pet.
- This is a bag-less cleaner, and it is less messier and much easier to use this unit.
- The unit consists of many plastic parts, which knocks of a lot of its weight. However, these parts can break down due to the softness of plastic. For the price tag, it should be more durable.
- It has just one extension pipe, due to which it is very short. The inclusion of one more extension would have been appreciable.
This is a vacuum cleaner from the brand Bissell, and comes with the exclusive BISSELL SuctionChannel Technology that can pick up dirt and other things easily with a direct suction path. It has swivel steering and a lightweight design that makes it easily maneuverable. The Pet TurboEraser tool can remove pet hairs, and its extended reach hose can handle stairs easily. It has paddle-like bristles, which rotate and pick up pet hair from upholstery and stairs. It has Multi-Level Filtration. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The unit comes with a paper manual. However, if you would like to download a PDF version of the same, you can visit the official website of Bissell. However, there is a problem in the download were the end of the file name consists of a dash. This can prevent the file from opening up. You have to remove the dash from the name of the file manually, in order to open up the file.
It does not have a very long tight space tool, and you cannot reach very high with it. You need to bend over to clean up stairs and similar spots.
It is bag-less in operations, and you do not have to replace any bags. However, you have to replace or clean up 3 filters every 3 – 6 months for optimal performance. While some filters can be washed up, others cannot be.
- Bissell PowerGlide boasts of powerful suction, and can be used well even many months later.
- This pet hair vacuum is very easy to maneuver, and can be navigated around with convenience.
- It can be propelled easily on carpet surfaces, and the only challenge is cleaning up high pile wall-to-wall carpeting.
- The suction and power of the device are praiseworthy, and is loved by customers.
- BISSELL PowerGlide is quite loud at the time of operations.
- It has a shorter power cord, and you will need to do plenty of unplugging and plugging.
It is from the eminent brand Eureka, and this lightweight and robust canister vacuum offers good pet cleaning experience. Eureka Mighty Mite has HEPA filtration technology that can capture most of the allergens and dust. It has powerful cleaning tools on-board that can clean up hairs of pets from area rugs, upholstery, stairs and bare floors making it the best vacuum for pet hair. The 12AMP vacuum tool is less than 9 pounds in overall weight. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
You have to reduce the suction power while cleaning rugs. Once you have finished with your rug, you have to twist the adjustment piece slightly so that you can get back to the complete suction power.
You have to adjust the vacuum pet suction with the help of a rotating ring that is present on the handle, just the spot where the hand goes. If you move the hand accidentally to position that is more closed, you can have your skin sucked in along with it. It is important to take care about that.
Although it can be a little difficult to store the vacuum, you can keep it in your coat closet.
- The cleaning tools in the unit are placed conveniently on its top, and this allows easy storage.
- This is an extremely lightweight vacuum cleaner, and comes with decent suction and a telescoping pole with sufficient reach.
- Its pet hair attachment is convenient, and works well on rugs and sofa.
- The powerful HEPA filter helps reduce the amount of dust in the home, and is obviously a plus.
- Although the unit can be moved easily, a cord longer than 20 feet would have been helpful.
- The on-board storage has space only for a crevice tool and a small attachment. It does not have room for all the attachments needed to vacuum hairs.
Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair
7. Roomba 650
The iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner from iRobot offers a full cleaning with just a button push. It has a 3-Stage patented Cleaning System that can conveniently pick up large debris, dust and pet hair. You can preset the unit to clean at a convenient time for you. This device can clean on all kinds of floor surfaces. It is only 3.6 inches in height, and has been designed especially to fit under most types of beds, kickboards and furniture items. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
You have to block all the problem areas, and make the unit aware of common problem spots such as edges or angles, sliding glass door frames, video game cables, speaker wire, cables or chords so that it does not get stuck on them from the next time.
You have to keep looking at the text display to understand any difficulties being faced by the unit. It does not have any voice instructions, and you need to keep an eye on the bright text display to know about its status and challenges.
The robotic vacuum tends to wander a bit from time to time, and you will have to guide it a bit to understand how it works.
- The unit boasts of a good battery life, and can run anywhere between 45 and 90 minutes on a single charge.
- This is a smart cleaner, and can clean up dirt and pet hair easily.
- It is very powerful in cleaning operations, and can pick up ‘clinging’ stuffs with greater ease.
- Due to its round shape, it is capable of cleaning up edges and corners with more ease. It consists of a side cleaning brush that can toss things on the edges to be sucked up by the unit.
- The pet vacuum produces loud noise, although it is still manageable. You can keep watching TV even while the device is running.
- At times, the strings and hair are caught up and get near the edge of the rollers and brushes, which can be almost impossible to get out.
8. ILIFE V3s– Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pets and Allergies Home.
The ILIFE V3s Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pets and Allergies. Pearl White is a cleaning tool for pet hair and allergens. It has a slim design that allows easier reach into most spaces. It is guided by advanced pet hair care technology that ensures thorough cleaning of all corners of homes making it the best vacuum for pet hair 2017. There are 4 cleaning modes in total, and you can choose convenient remote control operation or simply press on “Clean” on the unit. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The robotic vacuum cleaner does not have a specific mapping or pattern of the area that it Vacuum cleans. It tends to clean up some types of surfaces again and again, while it neglects other areas. However, it seems to clean up all areas in the end. It is a good idea to keep an eye on from time to time during cleaning sessions.
Keep in mind that you have to replace the brushes once or twice every month in order to ensure best cleaning experience.
The cleaner tends to get stuck on thick shag area rugs, on the lip of fireplaces, on thin entry mats and under the lip of fridges. You will need to guide the device when it comes across these areas at the time of cleaning.
- The unit comes with excellent battery life that can last up to 1 ½ hours.
- When the battery power is low, it guides itself to the charging station automatically.
- It can get around obstacles quite easily, and can pick up a lot of stuff – just like you would want.
- The unit has a dustbin of suitable size, and this comes in handy during longer cleaning operations.
- The device is fairly noiseless in operations, and you can watch TV while cleaning.
- As the unit does not have idea of height clearance, you will have to supervise it and ensure that it does not get off the course.
- The removable cloth pad located at the bottom can be a challenge, and the Velcro attached to the device does not hold well. Naturally, the pad rolls up continuously and the unit goes off balance often.
The bObsweep PetHair Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop, Rouge is a robotic vacuum cleaning tool from the brand bObsweep. It comes with a large mop that is able to clean up tiles and laminates and also has the roomiest dustbin of all robotic cleaners. Once it comes across a paw print that is difficult to remove from the floor, it increases the brushing and vacuum power until it manages to wipe the spot clean. It boasts of automatic self-charging, personalized cleaning schedule, HEPA filtration and 1 L dustbin. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The bObsweep, despite advertising about a mopping feature, lacks one completely. It simply has a pad that you can fix to the bottom. You will need to soak the pad manually in a cleaner and clean it in a few circles and dry it out.
In half the cases, it fails to connect properly to the charging station. It will just sit straight on the docking station and keep on beeping as it is not connected. If you allow the cleaner to run while you are out of home, the battery will be completely drained. Then, you will need to unplug the device from the docking station and then directly plug the cable into the device for charging it.
Keep in mind that the bObsweep has a propensity to get stuck while trying to move on carpets, especially of the ‘shag’ style variety. Try to keep bath mats away, as these are slightly shag in style, and robotic cleaners can jam on them.
- bobsweep has been designed especially for cleaning up paw prints and pet hair.
- This robot vacuum has the biggest dustbin out there and can pick up plenty of dirt and debris.
- It moves across carpet, hardwood and tile surfaces, and can UV sterilize, mop, vacuum and sweep all kinds of floor surfaces simultaneously.
- It comes with a good customer service, and any technical issues with the device can be resolved easily.
- The programming is not up to the mark. On a full charge, it circles around just one spot. You need to guide it from time to time.
- It gets stuck from time to time, and you might need to babysit it in order to ensure proper and sound cleaning operations.
Best Cordless Handheld Vacuums for Pet Hair 2017
This is a cordless vacuum cleaner that comes with a sleek look, and boasts of a built-in flip-up brush and crevice tool along with a rotating slim nozzle. This is the best vacuum for cleaning up pet hair, dust and crumbs that is accumulated every day. It boasts of cyclonic action triple layer filtration system that can keep off dirt from the filter. The long-lasting suction power allows cleaning of bigger messes with ease. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
You have to discharge the battery completely for a whole house vacuum, although not during clean ups of spot pet hair and spills.
The crevice tool can easily pull out dirt and pet hair, but you need to be careful that it clicks properly into place. Otherwise, it will retract with any pressure on the end.
Although the unit comes with a nice look, there is an important flaw in its design. As expected, the on and off switch is place over the handle. However, there is a release for the filter in front of the switch that separates the front dirt-containment chamber from the rest of the unit. You can confuse this easily for the on and off switch, which can lead to the detachment of the front section and its eventual falling off during usage. The moment you hit the release button, the whole front section straightaway drops to the ground. You have to remember this to avoid accidental drop offs from time to time.
- The battery-powered vacuum can vacuum cars very easily, and the beater brush helps to pull up pet hair with a lot of ease.
- The on-board crevice tool works perfectly, and can pull out dirt and pet hair with a lot of ease. It clicks properly into position.
- It has a brush that flips into place, and directly hinges to the nozzle. When you need it, you do not have to look about for it.
- It is slightly awkward to empty the vacuum for trash, although you can do it easily anyway.
- The suction power is not as great as expected from cleaners from this brand.
- It has a type of design that needs the vacuum to be vertically placed on the charger. This means more shelf or counter space is taken up.
11. Dyson V6
This handheld vacuum cleaner has an ergonomic shape, and can fit easily into the hand. Dyson V6 boasts of robust suction power of 100 AW and has a low weight of only 3.4 pounds, which makes it easy to be used for even longer cleaning operations. It can run for 20 minutes at a stretch. It is made of plastic and has purple, nickel and red colors. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Emptying the bin can be quite tough, and there is a sliding mechanism that you have to use for cleaning up the bin.
There are two power levels on this unit. You have to use a push button located at the rear part of the vacuum that can be accessed with the thumb. The lower power can work well enough although the maximum level is better for cleaning sessions that are more powerful.
The canister is cylindrical in shape and is clearly visible. However, when you have to empty its contents, you need to slide the release that is in a slightly difficult to reach position. You have to use two hands to have the door released and opened down.
- It is perfect for cleaning all types of hair, even husky hair from pets and furs making it best vacuum for pet hair.
- The unit has a straight-on design, which allows easier reach into spots that are difficult to access otherwise.
- It has a flat stand that can hold all the accessories that are offered with the unit.
- The cleaner has a fairly tolerable noise level, and you will not have much problems regarding noise output.
- The unit has a moderate battery life, which can be a bother for people who love to clean for a long time in a single session.
- It is too expensive, and those looking for a device within budget might not find it suitable.
12. Shark Perfect II – Best vacuum for pet hair Under $100.
This hand vacuum for pet hair cleaning is light in weight, and powerful in operations. It is capable of cleaning bare floors, upholstery and carpet surfaces. It has a Motorized Pet Brush for lifting pet hair that is embedded, and a rubberized handgrip that allows easy handling. The unit boasts of Twister Cyclonic Technology, which offers consistently strong suction while cleaning all types of surfaces. It has an XL Motorized Pet Brush, which lifts embedded pet hair from any type of surface. It has a LED charging indicator and consists of 18 volt battery of rechargeable form. The operations are driven by the rechargeable 18V batteries. You can store the vacuum in an easy wall mounted form. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
If you are doing more than spot cleanup or using the motorized brush for intense cleaning jobs, the battery can die very fast. Given that the battery life is not very strong, it can last for more time per charge when used without the on-board motorized brush.
It is a good idea to go through the manual, which emphasizes that you do not recharge until you have discharged the battery completely. Otherwise, the battery life would be reduced.
Given that the filter picks up a lot of dirt and grime, it is a good idea to give it a weekly cleanup in order to have it always ready for operations.
- It is very easy to take the device apart and then put it back together. It is easy to disassemble and assemble, although there are no easy to break components.
- Shark Perfect consists of a motorized brush, which can withstand plenty of use.
- It includes compact mounting and you can mount and un-mount the cleaner easily as well as for charging it conveniently.
- There are as many as 4 cleaning options – a crevice tool, a dusting brush, an XL motorized pet hair brush and a direct suction mode for cleaning up spots that are tough to reach.
- It has an average battery life. This can be a downer if you are habituated to vacuuming with cleaners that clean for longer time.
- The suction power for vacuuming floor is not something to write home about.
13. Shark Rocket– Best vacuum for pet hair.
The Shark Rocket comes from the brand SharkNinja, and is handheld and convenient in operations. It is super lightweight in form. It boasts of Never Loses Suction Technology and comes with a stretch hose having extended reach. You can get superior control over the cleaning operations and have the ability to access tight spaces. It has a 15-inch long power cord that allows you more freedom while cleaning the entire room. Shark Rocket is best vacuum for pet hair because it has a motorized hand tool that can extract allergens, dust, dirt and pet hair from within the upholstery. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The cord of the hair cleaning device is not retractable. Nor does it wind around. Naturally, it is recommended that you use Velcro strips for the purpose.
You should stick the cleaning tool onto the nozzle over the motor directly, which would offer stability at the time of vacuuming floor or stairs.
Keep in mind that the cord is pretty long for use. There is no cord management or retracting feature, and you have to wrap it around the cleaner motor after you complete the cleaning operations.
- Shark Rocket boasts of good suction, and it’s designed to be used over floor level where it is impossible or inappropriate to use the upright vacuum.
- The vacuum allows you to reach spots that are difficult to access, and can clean them well enough. It is easy to empty the vacuum. You will simply need to take off the dust cap and remove the debris, without the need for any vacuum bag.
- Shark Rocket has a wonderful dusting brush, which can easily dust off various types of surfaces – such as hard ones.
- It has a TruePet Motorized Brush that can pick up loose debris and pet hair, and deep clean various surfaces. It can ensure pet hair removal from upholstery as well as floors, and can ensure a fresh job.
- There is a flexible hose attachment that can connect the Rocket to cleaning tools, for superior control and for reaching tight spaces.
- It has a short hose and does not work with other accessories from the brand.
- It does not offer a good reach to the ceilings for cleaning up cobwebs and haired spots.
To conclude, when you are looking for the best vacuum for pet hair, you will find plenty of devices available on the market that can fit your bill. Each unit comes with a specific set of features, unique technology and price tag – and you have to choose one that fits your needs and budget. I’ll recommend that you compare the features and capabilities against the price tag of each cleaner, in order to make a proper choice. Also, you need to consider the ease of operations, and determine whether you would like to get a standard vacuum cleaner, a robotic vacuum or a handheld vacuum device. It is only after such considerations that you should choose a vacuum cleaner for your needs.
Related Buyer’s Guides: