Are you looking for the best vacuum under $100? You will be in for a pleasant surprise when you see the types of cleaners that the market has on offer. There is a wide variety of cleaners that come in varied configurations and boast of different features. The market abounds in upright models, canister models, handheld models and more. These models have varied capabilities and features. Some are cordless while others are corded units. Find out about the best vacuum under $100 in 2017.
- 1 5 Best Vacuums Under $100 Comparison Table
- 2 Best Features of a Vacuum Cleaner under $100
- 3 Best Cheap Corded Vacuums Under $100
- 4 Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner Under $100
- 5 Best Cheap Cordless Vacuums
- 6 Best Cheap Canister Vacuum Under $100
- 7 Best Cheap Stick Vacuums Under $100
- 8 Best Cheap Handheld Vacuums
- 9 Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor 81L2A – Best vacuum under $100
- 10 Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik SD20000RED –Best vacuum under 50
5 Best Vacuums Under $100 Comparison Table
|BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass||Corded||4.3||TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more.|
|BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16V Hand Vac||Cordless||4.3||Long life, lightweight and no memory effect.|
|VonHaus 600W 2-in-||Corded||4.3||Easily glides over various surfaces with excellent suction capabilities - perfect for stairs, carpets, rugs, hardwood floors, furniture|
|Hoover Linx BH50010 Stick Vacuum Cleaner,||Stick||4.2||Multi-Floor on/off Brushroll instantly switches from carpet to hard floor cleaning with the touch of a button|
|BISSELL CleanView Plus Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum||Upright||4.2||Includes TurboBrush Tool, large capacity, bottom Easy Empty dirt tank, Washable Foam Tank Filter and a 3-Year Limited Warranty|
Best Features of a Vacuum Cleaner under $100
While buying cheap vacuum cleaners under $100, you should look for those with powerful filtration capabilities, ease of use, higher suction power and lighter weight.
Vacuum cleaners under $100 should have:
1. High Suction Power
In most cases, vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors, carpets and dense mats come with awesome suction power. You should look for one with good suction power to deal with floors of most types.
In case you want the floors, especially those of made of hardwood, to be spotless, go for a vacuum cleaner coming with extra attachments or varied accessories. It is best that you look for a vacuum that comes without a spinning beater brush but with a big suction head, given that floor surfaces can be damaged by these brushes.
When the time comes to clean up floors, weight happens to be a major problem. Look for lightweight vacuum cleaners that are low in weight and can help you avoid bumping or dropping the machine when you drag it around. This can also destroy your floors otherwise. The market abounds in vacuum cleaners that are lightweight and cheap. There is no need to spend much for a heavyweight vacuum cleaner.
It is important to look for long warranties. Most companies tend to offer warranties on the cleaners that they bring out. However, you should check what all are the things covered by the warranty as well as the length of time for the same. Reputed manufacturers usually offer their vacuum cleaners with at least 2-year warranty from the date of purchase.
Best Cheap Corded Vacuums Under $100
It is the most popular vacuum cleaner from Bissell, and among the best vacuum under $100. The cleaner can reach the deepest and hardest corners and can easily sweep away all dust particles with superior air performance. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
The user’s manual has complete instructions about assembling the vacuum cleaner, and you have to use a screwdriver to complete the setup.
If the unit stops functioning, call up Bissell Support. Follow the instructions offered by the authorized repair centers closest to your locality.
It is best not to use any powder product, as it can enter the motor of the vacuum and make it overheat.
- The vacuum cleaner is noiseless in operations.
- The unit comes with Cyclonic System and OnePass Technology.
- The company offers great after sales services.
- It is offered with a 2-year warranty.
The motor turns very hot during operations.
The cleaner comes with a 5 Position Height Adjustment that allows easy cleaning of all types of floors.
There is no bag indicator, and you have to stop after a few minutes and check whether the bag is full.
The unit produces a loud, whining high-pitched sound and you should wear earphones while cleaning.
The components of the cleaner are slightly plastic-like and cheap, and you have to handle the unit with care to ensure longevity.
- The vacuum cleaner can easily be assembled.
- The unit has larger dust capacity.
- It has onboard tools, which means there are no risks of scattering and losing them.
- It has a robust motor that sucks everything from the edges. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- It is slightly noisy.
- Its cord is slightly short, which limits the range of cleaning.
Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner Under $100
The unit can be slightly heavy for petite users, and they should move with care lest the unit bumps or causes them to fall.
The filters can be easily clogged, and you should empty it after cleaning one room.
You should tightly attach the vacuum to the cleaner with a tape; otherwise, it may fall off.
- It comes with enormous suction and cleaning power.
- The vac is capable of handling any type of debris and dirt quite easily.
- It has an auto-retracting feature that lets you save time and effort in rolling the cord back. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
It gets hot fast, and can ruin floors until you take care.
It is among the best vacuum under $100 of upright variety. This vacuum cleaner is best for cleaning up pet hair, and tidying upholstery sofa chair, tile floors, stairs, hardwood floors and carpet.
The vacuum cleaner is heavy, and you should move slowly to avoid bumping the vacuum or falling down.
It can be tough to empty the canister and you should clean up as much area as possible before emptying the same.
Retracting the cord can be slightly tough, and you have to push down on the lever to retract the cord the whole way.
- The vacuum has HEPA filtration technology, which helps reduce the emissions of dust.
- It comes with a 25-feet long cord, which allows more range of motion.
- It is available with powerful Exclusive Wind Tunnel 2 technology, and consists of extension wand as well. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
The hose is quite short, and hunching is common during cleaning operations.
Best Cheap Cordless Vacuums
In case you wish to avoid the hassles of corded vacs and do not want to waste time winding back long cords, cheap cordless vacuums are the best choices. If you are looking for cordless vacuums that are low in price and offer the best performance, these are the best cleaners.
With an extra-large dust cup, advanced swivel steering and a robust motorized brush, the cleaner boasts of an impressive performance.
The battery power should not be wasted, and the cleaner should be charged whenever there is low power.
This is not for deep vacuuming purposes, and it is important to keep another cleaner close at hand for the job.
The vac has dual settings – one for bare floors and another for rugs. You have to use your foot to control the setting.
- Shark Navigator Freestyle Premium SV1106 is a light vacuum cleaner with a total weight of just 7.5 pounds.
- It has a dust cup with XL capacity, which allows longer cleaning and easy emptying.
- It has a 2-speed brushroll that offers easier pickup of pet hair and cleaning of bare floors. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
It discharges if left back on the charger.
BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16V Lithium Hand Vac– Best vacuum under $100
It is a vacuum cleaner with just bare essentials, but performs well on most types of surfaces. It comes with smart charge technology, which consumes up to 50% less energy.
Do not open up the cleaner at any time. Else, the warranty will get voided. Ask for replacement from Black and Decker if the unit does not perform properly.
The cleaner takes around 4 hours to be fully charged, and you should keep it plugged to AC wall outlet to ensure no power drop during operations.
This is a handheld vac, and is ideal only for spot cleaning carpeted floors.
- It is light in weight, which ensures easier movement and operations.
- Its in-built tools reduce the risks of misplacement.
- Its battery is very powerful and long lasting, despite being small in size.
- It is inexpensive.
- It is available with a 2-year warranty. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- It has a small nozzle.
- It is slightly noisy while in operation.
Best Cheap Canister Vacuum Under $100
If canister vacuum is your thing, look for one that is cheap in price and comes without any compromise on the performance and features front. This Bissell vac can be perfect fit in this regard.
The vac cleans up entire homes very well, and has variable suction control that lets you turn down the suction and also clean up fabrics such as curtains.
It is recommended that you use the cleaner for tidying up small apartments or the insides of RVs.
It has a very powerful suction, and you are advised to begin with the lowest setting.
This is a versatile vac, and you can attach a dusting brush – crevice tool combo to trap dust and dirt from the surfaces above the floor.
- It is lightweight and has a compact design that ensures easy movement.
- It comes with an easy carrying handle, which helps in easier transportation.
- The unit offers variable suction control.
- It can be used to clean up the entire home. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
It can be loud in operations at times.
Best Cheap Stick Vacuums Under $100
Stick vacuum cleaners are capable of cleaning up nook and crannies, and you can choose any of these units.
The cleaner comes in a corded as well as cordless version. The unit has a 20 feet long cord, which cannot be winded back. You have to uncoil and coil it manually from the cord hooks. If you want to avoid doing this, go for the cordless version that will save you at least 15 minutes of operational time.
You can turn off the brush roll, and this is recommended when you are using it on hard floors. It will help prevent damage to the surface. The suction power of the cleaner is sufficient to lift the dirt and debris.
The strong suction and presence of brush roll makes the cleaner perfect for cleaning up fine debris. However, it might struggle with the larger debris due to its lower profile.
- The device is light in weight.
- It boasts of powerful suction, which can easily pick up dirt and debris from floor and other surfaces.
- It comes at a pocket friendly cost, and most buyers will find it fitting their budget.
- Its motorized brush can be activated or deactivated, thus avoiding the scratching of hardwood surfaces. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- The cleaner lacks a cord rewind feature.
- Its dirt bag is small in size.
This cordless vacuum cleaner from Hoover cleans well and it comes without a cord. It boasts of a wide cleaning head.
You need to use the slim stick if your house is compact and has only a few messes. For people with smaller apartment or homes, this cleaner can easily be the right choice.
Look for other ways to clean up large chunks of debris, as these are caught up in tubes.
Based on the model that you buy, the cleaner can come with an internal battery or a cord.
- The cleaner is flexible and moveable.
- The unit comes with washable filters.
- It boasts of Wind Tunnel Technology, which ensures more powerful and versatile cleaning
- The battery is chargeable and interchangeable. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- It is slightly longer to use on stairs.
- The foam filter cannot trap dirt very easily.
Best Cheap Handheld Vacuums
This is a perfect handheld vacuum for upholstery and stairs, due to the inlet design and the brush roll that is effectual in pet hair removal from these sections.
As pet hair often clings to the filter, you should keep a paper towel close at hand to get rid of them.
Use the cleaner with the brushes on to make the backward strokes work better.
The cord is 20 feet long but comes without a rewind feature. However, despite the absence of the rewind capability, storage of the cord is easy due to the cord wrap area that is located at the back part of the vacuum.
- It is light in weight, and you can easily carry it around and even move with it upstairs or downstairs.
- The vacuum boasts of a strong suction power that makes it ideal for stairs and upholstery.
- It is comparatively noiseless than other similar hand vacs.
- It comes with washable filter, and its bagless design reduces the costs of operations. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- The hose is short.
- It is not very capable in cleaning up contoured regions, and struggles inside vehicles. It is better to buy some other cleaner for dealing with such types of operations.
There are some other handheld vacs as well, which look very promising in the market. You can go for any of these units.
Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor 81L2A – Best vacuum under $100
Remember to empty the dust cup only in an area that you can sweep up easily, as you might end up with a fine mist of dander and dust otherwise.
It is a good idea to sweep the edges next to the walls with some other vacuum or cleaning tool, given that PowerEdge cannot handle those spots well. Do not try cleaning these areas with your vac, as you might waste a lot of time unnecessarily.
The handle is a vulnerable part of the cleaner, and can break easily after extended use. Take care not to step on it accidentally.
- It is light in weight, and can easily be handled and moved about.
- Bissell PowerEdge 81L2A has a high capacity dust cup.
- It picks up pet hair and grass easily.
- The pieces of the cleaner can easily be assembled. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
The vacuum cleans up hard floors and short rugs nicely, but area rugs are its problem area.
This is a perfect vacuum cleaner for homes with a long staircase, and can work well on hardwood floors as well even with lower suction power.
Although it cleans up baseboards pretty well, but if you wish to get out pet hair and grit, it is important that you use it parallel to the baseboards as well as head on.
This is not a full sized vacuum and it is essential to crunch dried leaves, cereals etc to very small pieces to ensure that there is no clogging of the tube. Otherwise, the clogged tube will make the vac stop operating and you would have to opt for repairs.
Although you might find it a little cumbersome to get rid of the cord and take out the long handle, doing this can allow you to use the cleaner as a hand vacuum.
- It comes with robust suction power.
- VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded 600W has a long cord, which measures 19.5 feet in length.
- It boasts of Sponge and HEPA filtration technology.
- It has enough air suction power of 130 watts. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
It is not meant for hardwood floors.
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik SD20000RED –Best vacuum under 50
This is a 3-in-1 cleaning apparatus that can be used on hardwood floors, garage and driveway.
Keep this one for handling small messes, and have a more capable vacuum as standby for the bigger messes.
You can easily take out the floor attachment to use the cleaner as a hand vac. It directly plugs into the wall and there is no question of losing battery power.
If you wish to use it for bigger messes, use it only sparingly. This will prevent the apparatus from breaking down. Even if you have no other cleaning tool, it is advised that you use the SD20000RED for bigger cleaning operations only once a month or so.
- The design, weight and size of the unit make it versatile and portable.
- The bagless vacuum ensures easier cleaning operations.
- It can easily transform to a handheld or stick vacuum from a stand-up vacuum.
- Dirt Devil Simpli- Stik offers excellent results on hardwood floors.
- It has an economical price. Click here to read more reviews on Amazon.
- It needs some assembly.
- The cleaner is just 40 inches in height, and taller people have to bend over for cleaning.
By now, you have probably understood what to look in the best vacuum under $100. Keep in mind that the best vacuum under $100 for you should be the one that comes with the features and capabilities that make your life easier, and make your daily, weekly or monthly cleaning operations more convenient.
Before you go for a corded or a cordless vac, make sure that it fits your pockets and also offers utmost convenience to you as an owner. As a vac buyer, you should always aim at getting the best bang for your buck even when you are spending less than $100. Check the reviews, price, features and customer comments for each unit thoroughly before you choose to buy a unit.
You can try reputed land-based stores such as Oreck, Hoover, Miele, Kirby and Dyson to get such vacs in discounted prices. It is probably a better idea that you try online stores, which offer a higher discount and more value to customers. It is the easiest way to shop and you can even have the vacuum cleaner of your choice delivered to your doorstep.