A leaf vacuum mulcher is a device that vacuums the leaves that have fallen. It uses internal blades for slicing leaves into smaller pieces and bits. The mulch that is created can be thrown away or used for fertilizing or composting the yard.
This saves money to buy costly mulch from local gardening stores. You can easily use a leaf vacuum and convert trash leaves into amazing compost material as fertilizer for the yard. You can save a lot of stress and hassles with a leaf vacuum mulcher. Know about some of the best leaf vacuum mulchers.
- Types of Leaf Mulchers
- Top Recommended Leaf Vacuum Mulchers
- What to look for when shopping for the Best Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
- Reviews for Best Leaf Vacuum Mulchers
- 1. WORX WG518 Electric – best leaf blower vacuum
- 2. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum – Best Leaf Blower Mulcher
- 3. Tanaka commercial grade 25cc 1.3 HP. – best commercial leaf vacuum
- 4. WORX TURBINE WG591 –Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor – best cordless leaf vacuum
- 5. GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 80V 125MPH – 500CFM Cordless Blower, 2Ah Battery and Charger Included
- 6. DEWALT DCBL720B Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
- 7.BLACK+DECKER BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher
- 8. Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower
- 9. Black & Decker BV3600 12-Amp Blower Vac
- 10. Husqvarna 125BVx 28cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Blower/Vac – best leaf vacuum mulcher
Types of Leaf Mulchers
Leaf mulchers are of 3 types:
1. Electric Mulchers
These have to be plugged in to a power source with a power cable. These have an edge over gas mulchers, as these are lighter, cleaner and quieter.
As these do not use gas, the machines do not leak and can be stored easily. However, electric mulchers work better on smaller yards and do not handle larger yards too well.
2. Gas Mulchers
Older mulchers are powered by gas. You can move these around freely, and these can work without power cords. You do not have to worry about drained out internal batteries.
These can be used for larger areas better than battery powered and electric mulchers. However, these have a lot more weight than their counterparts and the devices cannot be used when the weather is too hot. These can pollute the air and are noisier due to being gas powered. Gas mulchers need some amount of maintenance.
3. Battery Powered Mulchers
These are equipped with a portable battery source that has to be changed before use. You can use them in a wider yard than electric mulchers, although not for as long or as wide as gas-run counterparts given that the battery might be drained of power.
You can run some mulchers in battery even when they are being charged. These are noiseless, quieter, eco-friendlier and allow more mobility. However, battery powered leaf mulchers are costlier than the electric or gas mulchers.
Top Recommended Leaf Vacuum Mulchers
|Picture||Name||Mulch Ratio||Rating [/5]|
|Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower"||Info not provided||4.6|
|WORX WG518 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vac, 12 Amp||16:1||4.5|
|Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum with Metal Impeller, 12 amp||16:1||4.4|
|Tanaka Commercial Grade 25cc 1.3||Info not provided||4.4|
|GreenWorks Pro GBL80300 80V 125MPH - 500CFM||16:1||4.3|
|BLACK+DECKER BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher||16:1||4.2|
|Picture||Name||Mulch Ratio||Rating [/5]|
What to look for when shopping for the Best Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
Some standout features in a good leaf mulcher are:
- Speed – Buy one with speed options. Get one with a slow and fast speed setting at least. Those with a slower speed do not clog and are great for piles of leaves as well as on delicate plants and flowers.
- Blade Quality – Inferior blades, such as the ones constructed of plastic, have to be changed often. Superior blades, such as those constructed of metals, tend to last for more time.
- Motor specification and power – The power of mulcher is measured in Amps. Look for a mulcher with 12 – 14 amps power. Those with a lower power makes it tough to mulch leaves well.
- Reduction Ratio – It is the ratio of the original leaf volume to the volume of mulch formed. The best ones have 16:1 – 18:1 ratios.
- Capacity – Those with varying capacities must match up to the size of yard you have. Larger capacities are needed for larger yards, and smaller for smaller yards.
- Easy mode switching capacity – Go for mulchers that, while in operations, can be switched between vacuum and built-in leaf blower.
Reviews for Best Leaf Vacuum Mulchers
Let’s dive into leaf blower vacuum mulcher reviews regarded as the best in the market. These can be affordably bought from the Amazon online store.
1. WORX WG518 Electric – best leaf blower vacuum
This electric leaf vacuum is powered by a 12 amp motor and can make a good heap of leaf mulch. It is a commercial leaf vacuum, mulcher and electric leaf blower rolled into one, and allows switching between functions. Those with 250 mph have the highest speed, and ensure a proper job.
This is a powerful vacuum and can easily suck up various types of debris, pine needles, twigs, leaves etc that you can easily find on the lawn. It has a 16:1 reduction ratio and consists of a metal impeller that can avoid clogging while mulching.
The mulcher operates on electric power and comes with an attached cord. Its mulch collection bag can hold one bushel. The device is 10.8 pounds in weight. Its dual speed adjustment is a standout feature, and is practical for owner with diverse yard types, having delicate flowers, grasses etc. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Its strong metal impeller makes operations easier when you mulch leaves.
- WORX WG518 has a robust 12 amp motor which allows the highest speed of 250 mph.
- Its dual speed adjustment feature makes it ideal for yards having delicate flowers.
- You can switch easily between different functions.
- The mulcher has to be always plugged into an AC outlet, which can make things tough if you have a large yard.
- The device is slightly heavier at 10.8 pounds.
2. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum – Best Leaf Blower Mulcher
This leaf vacuum is powered by a 12 amp motor and can offer a 250 mph speed.
It can work as a mucher, walk behind leaf vacuum mulcher and a blower as well, and lets you switch between 3 options. It has metal impellers, more durable than plastic counterparts.
Toro 51621 has Shredz-All Shred Ring, an attachment that collaborates with the metal impeller to reduce the leaf volume that is admitted inside. A zipper at the bottom of its collection bag allows easy mulch removal instead of needing removal of the whole bag each time it is filled. The device has tube attachments for difficult to access corners and wet leaves.
It is 8.9 pounds in weight, which means no shoulder or back pain from continuous usage. The mulcher needs electric supply for operations. An extension cord makes it better for people with larger yards. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Its collection bag is easy to use.
- Toro 5162’s tube attachments help in specialized purposes.
- Its metal impeller has Shredz-All attachment.
- It can work as mulcher, vacuum and blower.
- Its strong 12 amp motor can attain peak speed of 250 mph.
- Its speed control allows user for varied yard styles and plant beds.
It needs continuous electric supply.
3. Tanaka commercial grade 25cc 1.3 HP. – best commercial leaf vacuum
It is a powerful mulcher having an awesome 393 cfm volume. It has some amazing fatures, such as a soft elastomer handle and cruise control.
The electronic feature cruise control lets you switch the device on with a button push, and make the blower pump air out consistently at a pre-chosen speed, which allows direct and very easy operations.
The elastomer handle is rubbery and soft, and reduces the fatigue or strain associated with using the device.
There is a high-volume fan nozzle as well, which raises the air volume that can be delivered. This helps increase the overall effectuality.
It also comes with a shredder blade as an optional feature. It has the power to blow debris around directionally out of or around gardens or lawns, making operations more convenient. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The device is effective, reliable and solid, and can work great on smaller as well as larger yards.
- Its soft handle keeps the hands and fingers comfortable even when you use the mulcher continuously for a long time.
- Its high-volume fan nozzle makes the mulcher more efficient in usage.
- It is convenient in operations.
- The device is heavy in size, and comes in handheld and not backpack style. This can make hands uncomfortable after some time.
- The mulcher is also slightly on the expensive side.
4. WORX TURBINE WG591 –Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor – best cordless leaf vacuum
The WG591 is an extremely robust mulcher that can easily be used and comes with many amazing features. The equipment uses Turbine technology to help sweep driveways, sidewalks etc with more convenience than most other devices.
It allows you to choose from 3 varied power options, and you can choose one that easily satisfies your requirements while easily and quickly dealing with the job.
The unit has a weight of 9 pounds and offers up to 465 cfm due to its dual-speed motor.
It has a keyhole shaped cutout that allows owners to hang it easily on existing hooks, nails or bolts. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The Worx WG591 comes with Turbo boost technology and boasts of variable speed control.
- Its Turbine fan technology allows maximum blowing power, and it is one of the most effective mulchers to use if you want to blow many leaves.
- It has high capacity.
- It is light in weight, which makes it easily portable and usable for extended hours.
You can only use the mulcher for around 10 minutes at full speed.
The device has a noiseless motor, and you can start it easily. The DigiPro brushless motor makes the GBL80300 one of the best commercial grade high voltage and gasoline equivalent outdoor power tool of cordless variety. Users do not have to be concerned about heavy gear, fumes or cords.
It is efficient in use, and boasts of up to 125 miles air speed and 500 cfm.
On just one charge, you can expect up to 70 minutes of life in the battery.
At only 60 dbA, it is noiseless in operations.
It is offered with a 2 Amp battery and a battery charger. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- This is the best cordless leaf vacuum with a large battery and the battery lifespan of 70 minutes means you can use the device for sometime before it needs to be recharged.
- It is very quiet while in operations, which makes it great to use in quieter neighborhoods and during early mornings.
- The high air speed of 125 mph makes the unit great to use, and suck up or blow many leaves.
It is large and heavy in shape, which can make extended operations slightly tough.
The blower has a unique axial fan design, and you can maximize on air output and run time effectively with the DCBL720B.
DEWALT DCBL720B has variable speed trigger and speed lock, which provides users with maximum blower control. It offers a peak performance of 400 cubic ft per minute air volume and 90 miles air speed per hour.
This leaf mulcher has a lightweight and ergonomic design, and weighs only 7.1 pounds.
It produces only 61 decibels, which makes it right for early morning operations.
The device boasts of a brushless motor, and can be used for longer. Its battery, however is separately sold. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The unit is efficient in its job, due to its top performance of 90 miles per hour speed and 400 cfm.
- It is light in weight, and is portable enough to use. It does not cause any soreness of muscles.
- Its brushless motor makes it efficient and durable. It has variable trigger and speed lock.
- It makes minimal noise, and can be used without causing any disturbance to neighbors.
- DEWALT DCBL720B is highly reliable and powerful in operations, and can be used for fast cleaning.
It should have come with some more power to make things more efficient.
The BV5600 can be used a vacuum as well as a mulcher due to the tool free changing operation, which makes it ideal for varied jobs.
BLACK+DECKER BV5600 can grind 16 bags of leaves to just 1, which makes it the right choice for people who have to remove plenty of leaves from their properties without the need to empty bags frequently.
It can blow debris and leaves and has up to 250 miles per hour performance. It is around half in noise output than other similar units, which means neighbors are not going to complain when you use it.
Its high impact metal fan can effectually prevent clogging issues when you use it as a mulcher. You may use the 2-speed selection to work on the flowerbeds, and make the task run easier and faster.
- It produces only 68 decibels of noise.
- The blower has a performance of 250 miles per hour, and there are 2 speed settings to choose from.
- You can easily change its operations between vacuum and blower.
- Built-in cord retainer keeps the extension in place and plugged in for uninterrupted use.
It is not very efficient in picking twigs up.
This is a lightweight Electric Leaf Blower that is powered by a 2-speed, 7 Amp motor. It can attain a peak speed of 160 mph. Its 20-inch blower tube is available in 2 pieces, which offers an extended reach.
Its Safety Cord Lock feature avoids disconnection of the cord. It is ergonomic and lightweight in design, which offers efficiency and comfort to users. This is an emission-free and eco-friendly item, and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has certified it with EnergyStar approval.
The unit has 150 cfm air volume, which makes it ideal for the removal of leaves and grass clippings. It usage reduces energy consumption by around 35%. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The unit is light in weight, which makes it easily portable.
- You can easily use this blower. It is perfect for small tasks, and for cleaning up smaller gardens and yards.
- It is offered with warranty of 4 years, which shows how confident the makers are about this product.
- The power is lower than gas-run models.
- At times, the engine can get overheated.
Black & Decker BV3600 has a 12 Amp motor, which offers all the power that is needed for garden or yard maintenance.
It comes with 3 functions, mulcher, blower and vacuum. This 230 mph, heavy-duty unit boasts of a steady and robust airflow. This makes it perfect for clearing debris, pine needles, grass clippings, leaves etc from large or mid-sized yards.
It has dual speed settings that can let you sweep debris gently from delicate flowerbeds. You can also get rid of heavily matted leaves. Its push start engine allows dependable, fast and effortless starting ups.
With a low noise output of 69 dbA, it does not tax the ears. It weighs just 8.1 pounds, and is light in weight. You can switch easily between the vacuum and blower mode. Its blower vacuum bag can easily be emptied, saving you plenty of effort and time. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Its Anti-Clog Vortex Impeller ensures that there is no clogging during mulching. It is able to grind as many as 10 bags of leaves to a single bag of mulch, making mulching much easier.
The cord retainer built into its system keeps the extension cord in proper place. You can plug it in when you need constant power.
- It is well balanced and can be used easily.
- This leaf mulcher powerful in operations.
- It is noiseless when used on low setting.
- Black & Decker BV3600 is perfect for use in large or medium sized yards.
- It is slightly weighty, and you might require a shoulder strap while using it.
- On a high setting, it can be noisy while in operations.
- While using it, its fan cover can detach abruptly.
10. Husqvarna 125BVx 28cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Blower/Vac – best leaf vacuum mulcher
Husqvarna 125BVx 28cc is gas-powered, and weighs just 9.6 pounds even with gas tanks being present. It has a flare nozzle that boasts of greater air speed. The device measures just 9 x 38.5 x 14 inches, and is handheld in operations. However, hand fatigue is reduced due to its ergonomic design. It is highly powerful. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The device has a well-constructed and placed housing fan that allows a lot of ease. Its air stream is in direct line with its handle, which reduces the rotational force on the wrist and helps avoid soreness of joints even when you use it for a long time.
The starter, smart start system and engine of the unit have been designed in such a way that the startup needs minimal effort. The device can work like a vacuum, and the best pull behind leaf vacuum for that matter. It is available with a vacuum bag that allows collection of leaves through vacuum. The unit is offered with a manual, two flat and round nozzles, a harness and a vacuum kit.
- The unit is light in weight, and easily portable.
- It offers fine control over its speed, and starts easily.
- It is available with two types of nozzles than can handle various kinds of tasks.
- Husqvarna 125BVx 28cc 2-Cycle boasts of robust vacuum suction, and has amazing blower functionality.
- It needs compatible fuel.
- At times, the device leaks some oil. The issue is common for mulchers powered by gas.
If you are looking for the best leaf vacuum mulcher on the market, these are worthwhile to consider. These units are an attractive combination of useful features, top performance and affordable price. The best one is obviously one that suits your garden or yard size, specific requirements and budget. It is important to consider all such aspects carefully before making a choice.