Bagged vacuum cleaners undoubtedly offer better air-filtration performance compared to bagless vacuums. As these vacuums have one extra layer of filtration. Bagged vacuum cleaners have been in use for long, and have only got better with time and with more useful features being added. But which is the best bagged vacuum? Here, we review eight best bagged vacuum cleaners to help you make an informed choice hassle free.
Top 5 Recommended Bagged Vacuums.
|Kenmore Elite 31150 Pet & Allergy Friendly Beltless Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner||Upright||3.8|
|Hoover Platinum Collection Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum with Canister Vacuum Cleaner UH3001COM||Upright (but includes canister option)||4.2|
|HOOVER T-Series WindTunnel Pet Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum UH30310||Upright||4.0|
|Oreck Commercial XL Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner, XL2100RHS||Upright||4.2|
|Panasonic MC-UG471 Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Corded||Upright||4.2|
What are the Pros and Cons of Bagged Vacuums?
Bagged vacuum cleaners have been designed to make the cleaning process easier and faster.
- There is not a lot of contact with the dust and debris. Once the bag is full, simply get it out of the vacuum and throw it into the trash.
- Bagged vacuums come with different types of filtration, including HEPA filtration. Most of these have bags included in the whole filtration system – allowing you a clean filter while changing the bag.
- It makes it easier for users to clean every nook and cranny with ease, and save time in tidying up homes.
- These are available in many styles, sizes and shapes.
- You do not have to empty these cleaners as often as the dirt receptacle of bag-less cleaners. See our reviews for best water vacuum cleaner
- You should always have bags beside you. Else, a full bag will hasten your cleaning operations to a premature end. You have to purchase more number of bags, and replace the existing ones each time before they get full.
- You can have problems in finding replacement bags if you have a vacuum cleaner of an older model. In case the brand does not continue with its bag production, you will be unable to use your vacuum cleaner that is fine otherwise.
Bagged vacuum cleaners reviews
A number of bagged vacuum cleaners have come into the market, and you can choose from the following vacuum with bags.
8. Kenmore Elite 31150 Pet & Allergy Friendly Beltless Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner – best bagged vacuum with hepa filter
This best bag vacuum comes with a fantastic balance of mobility, performance and cost-effectiveness. It offers a raw cleaning performance that can beat the work of much pricier counterparts available in the market. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The product is perfect for cleaning various situations, whether it comes to hardwood floors or shag carpets. It can clean up large dirt particles as easily as small dirt grains. If you are looking for the best bagged vacuum for hardwood floors, this one can be a great choice.
- This is a self propelled vacuum and there are no risks of straining your back when you are vacuuming the entire home.
- Kenmore elite 31150 vacuum comes with different accessories, including a dirt sensor and some regular attachments such as thick bristles – which makes it ideal for cleaning up stairs and pet hair – as well as telescopic wand and a crevice tool.
- It has a cord that is as long as 33 foot, which makes it easy to clean up a wider area. The vac can be useful for cleaning up most rooms without any need to re-plug or un-plug the unit.
- Kenmore Elite 31150 has a dirt sensor which is an additional attachment. An indicator lights up when the vacuum is detected by the built-in sensor.
- Unlike a standard upright vacuum, you do not have to exert a lot of push force to move the upright vacuum in a forward direction. You can move it ahead even with very small effort.
- It is bulky in weight, which can make it tough to carry about during long cleaning operations. It is slightly more than 20 pounds and if you have to clean more than one floor the extra weight can be a hassle.
- The vacuum tends to tip over when you use its extension hose.
7.Hoover Platinum Collection Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum UH3001COM – Best Bagged Upright Vacuum
This best bag vacuum cleaner has a combination of a canister vacuum and an upright, full-sized vacuum that can deep clean carpets. You can get two items in a single package. Click here to see the latest price on Amazon.
- It is bagged in form, and is capable of trapping almost 100% allergens that are trapped within. This makes it the best bagged vacuum for allergies and other respiratory problems. You can use the cleaner to suck up everything – whether it comes to dust, allergens or mites – and all these can be contained within the bags.
- The bags are not costly, and a pack consisting of two of them comes in less than $10. Thus, you can get a safe and cost-effective option for cleaning up your home.
- This best bagged vacuum cleaner for carpet is light in weight, and is just 11 pounds in bulk. It has a long power cord that lets you cover a wide area at one go, and not have to stop your operations.
- The device has a canister cleaner, and you can use it to easily clean up the areas over the floor. It boasts of deep cleaning ability and fantastic suction, and can tidy up carpets with ease.
- As it makes use of HEPA filters, the unit is able to restrict allergens within the bag.
- This hoover bagged upright vacuum has handle controls, which offers more ease of use during cleaning operations.
- It is slightly noisy in operations.
- The lack of a cord rewind feature means that you have to manually retract its long cord.
6. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Bagged Upright, UH30310 – best bagged Vacuum Cleaner for Pets
One of the most capable vacuum cleaners with bags, it boasts of some amazing features as well as some add-ons that let you vacuum pet hair more easily. See our reviews for best vacuum for long hair
- It is light in weight, and can easily be carried around for cleaning operations.
- The power cord is long and lets you clean a wider area within a short time. You do not need to plug and re-plug the cleaner due to this reason.
- The device is very cost-effective and most people can find it within their budget.
- It is very capable of extracting pet hair, and can easily be maneuvered. It has powerful suction and can suck up dirt and pet hair more easily making it the best bagged vacuum cleaner for pets.
- The vacuum can be set up with ease. The Clean-Drop Bag system ensures that dust, dirt etc can be kept away from users easily.
- A 12amp motor powers all the operations in the device. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The device works with the powerful WindTunnel Modern technology of Hoover and lifts as well as traps dust particles with tremendous efficiency. There are 3 separate air channels and no risk of dispersion of particles.
- Hoover UH30310 has an Animal upholstery tool that uses rubber wipers for capturing pet hair from upholstery and other surfaces, for effective removal.
- It makes use of HEPA level filtration, which helps remove over 95% of all the dirt, allergen, pollen and debris. It also removes pet odors from the rooms and the surfaces being cleaned.
- There is use of too much plastic in the overall construction.
- Its pipe never expands enough, which makes it slightly inconvenient.
5. Oreck Commercial XL Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner, XL2100RHS– Best Bagged vacuum for carpet
This is a dedicated upright vacuum that can deep clean surfaces to remove all traces of dirt and debris. It is perfect for homes having wall to wall carpeting.
- This is a commercial grade vacuum that comes at about the cost of a consumer grade vacuum cleaner. It is rated to be used for commercial cleaning operations, and is capable of sustaining the daily strain experienced by vacuum cleaners.
- It is just 8 pounds in overall weight, and using it can be an ease. The low weight makes it a joy especially for people who have to use vacuum cleaners for a long time in multiple levels at home. It is one of the best lightweight bagged vacuum cleaning tools in the market at present. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- It is capable of deep cleaning operations and can be ideal for tidying up floor surfaces. You can use it for cleaning carpets and bare floors.
- Its low profile design lets you use it easily for reaching and deep cleaning up of areas beneath low furniture pieces.
- It has a bagged system, adding to your convenience of cleaning in some ways. The disposal of dirt involves less mess. There are side brushes that can ensure easier cleaning of the edges.
- The hand controls and 35 foot long power cord gives you easier access. There is robust brush roll and suction power.
- Despite offering services similar to a professional grade cleaner, it is not very costly.
- It is perfect for deep cleaning of carpets, low to deep pile. It has side brushes that offer a fantastic cleaning performance on edges and baseboards.
- There is no swivel steering or headlights.
- You have to spend more on bags, and replace bags after every 6 months.
This is a bagged upright vacuum cleaner that offers high performance during cleaning operations. It is regarded as one of the best upright vacuum cleaner with bags and attachments. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Widepath Cleaning – 15″ cleaner width gets the job done quickly.
- It consists of some amazing and intuitive power controls that make performances more power-packed.
- Has rinsable filters – you just need to rinse and reuse.
- Hoover Vacuum Cleaner, U5140900 has a lightweight design that is easy to lift and carry, even up and down stairs. Weighs less than 15 pounds.
- Its cord is 25 foot in overall length, which makes it easier to clean up a larger area without the need to plug it to some other AC outlet. You can use the vacuum to clean up larger rooms in your home.
- Its HEPA media bag lets the vacuum clean up almost every bit of pet hair and dust. See reviews for Best Vacuum for Pet Hair under 150
- Its Crevice Tool allows picking up of even the most stubborn particles of dirt from crevices and corners that are tough to reach.
Its electrical circuits might be slightly problematic for users.
3.Panasonic Vacuum Cleaner MC-UG471 Bagged Upright with HEPA Filter and Cleaning Attachments, Corded
It is more or less a basic bagged vacuum cleaner that comes in the range of $100 – $160 in most stores. It comes with a wide variety of tools, HEPA filter and robust suction.
See reviews for best cordless vacuum under $200
- It is sturdy in form and can last for a long time.
- Best upright vacuum cleaner with bags and attachments.
- It boasts of a robust suction power, but is still quiet enough. According to Panasonic, the unit has been designed to operate in a quiet manner.
- It works well on carpet surfaces and can clean up dirt, debris, allergens, mites etc very easily. The “Power Paw” tool is something that can make cleaning operations much quicker.
- Its cord is retractable in form and you can roll it back after the cleaning operations are over. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Its height adjustment is fully automatic, and makes it easier for people to adjust it according to their own stature.
- There are various attachments or tools such as Air Turbine brush, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool and two standard 13-inch wands.
- This bagged upright vacuum cleaner draws its operational power from a 12amp motor that is on-board. There is a motor protection system, which directly channelizes dirt and dust particles to its bag and not let them get dispersed.
- It works with the High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration technology that rids the air of 99.97% germs. This is especially useful for allergy or asthma patients, as it can help the surrounding air get rid of dust mite feces and pollen.
- It comes with a headlight, which allows you to see the area that you are cleaning. This is especially useful when you are cleaning dim-lit areas or tidying up during a power outage.
- The cord is slightly short in length, and this makes cleaning operations slightly difficult as you have to plug and re-plug the unit slightly more.
- It is heavy in form, and is not good enough to use on bare floor surfaces.
This upright bagged vacuum comes with 7 varied height settings, various on-board accessories, a long power cord and HEPA filtration technology.
- It has a very robust suction power, which allows sucking up of dirt particles, allergens, pet hair, dust and more very easily.
- Hoover UH30600 has a long power cord that allows wider cleaning at one go, and not have to look for another power source very quickly.
- It comes with washable filters, and you can keep it clean whenever needed. This allows a more hygienic vacuum cleaner for your home.
- The High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) level filtration technology makes the cleaner a perfect choice for everyone who is suffering from asthma or allergies. It can remove ragweed, dust mite feces, pollen and many other particles. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Its stretch hose is long at 15 feet and allows you to reach crevices and corners that are difficult to reach otherwise. The ease is enhanced by the presence of the telescopic wand that offers a cleaning reach of around 17 feet. It can clean up pet hairs very effectively.
- The cleaning swath is wide with this vacuum and you can sweep a wider area at one go.
- Its hand tool is air-powered and functions very well. It has been designed to work on bare floors as well as carpets.
- Its brushroll and belt can be accessed with ease, and you do not need the use of any screwdrivers for its assembly.
- You can easily find out when you have to change the bag, given that the cleaner comprises of a bag check indicator.
- Its bags can be set up, taken off and discarded with ease.
- It is priced reasonably, and can come within the budget of most homeowners.
- The vacuum is slightly heavy, which can make long cleaning operations slightly cumbersome for users. However, the carrying handle makes it easier for users to transport the cleaner.
- It is slightly noisy while in operational state, which can make early morning or late-night cleaning inconvenient for you.
1. Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, Maroon, 4122 – Corded – Best Bagged Canister Vacuum
This is one of the best bagged canister vacuum cleaners and comes from the popular brand BISSELL, which is known for being a capable vacuum cleaning tool manufacturers for homes.
- It is light in weight, and can be maneuvered with ease. You can carry it about without experiencing back problems or other issues during the cleaning operations. There is also a carry handle, which makes it easier to move around.
- This is the best multi purpose vacuum as it’s able to clean up various surfaces, such as auto interiors, upholstery, curtains, stairs, bare floors, rugs, carpets and more. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- It comprises of a telescoping wand that can be moved easily under and around furniture, as well as clean up ceilings, drapes and other areas that are tough to reach otherwise.
- Bissell zing bagged canister vacuum has a long cord that allows cleaning up of a wider area with one sweep, but there is an auto cord rewind feature as well – that lets you rewind the cord automatically with a simple button push.
- The upright vacuum comprises of a Multi-Surface Floor Nozzle that can be used for easy tidying up of various types of surfaces. You can shift easily to hard floor cleaning mode from carpet cleaning mode by flipping a switch.
- The Full Bag Indicator lets you find out when it is time to empty the bags, and not have to make any guesses about the same.
- It is compact in size and can be stored easily even in smaller spaces, which makes it a good option for people with small apartments.
The tool holder tends to fall off.
Buying the Best Bagged Vacuum Cleaner – Things to Consider
There are many vacuum cleaners with bags in the market, from various brands, and it could be tough to choose just one cleaner. At times, customers are unsatisfied with the device that they choose. If you wish to buy the best bagged vacuum cleaner, you need to consider these things first.
You have to consider the type of space that you would use the vacuum to be cleaned – whether it is a full house, a big living room, a small-sized room or any other area. Based on the area, the model that you choose could be larger or smaller and the ability to suck debris out could vary as well.
Type of filtration
Look for a vacuum with a superior filter, which is especially important if you suffer from allergies. A cleaning device with an on-board HEPA filter is capable of trapping the smallest amount of allergens and dust particles, and can remove around 99.97% of all the particles that are airborne.
Canister or Upright
Upright vacuums would be the best option in case you want to use it for cleaning wall-to-wall carpets or rugs. These have a suction head and a motor. The cleaners are heavy but can clean hard-to-reach areas due to various attachments and a hose. Canister vacuum cleaners are more compact and lighter than upright models, and can easily remove debris from the space under low furniture items.
Bagless vacuum cleaners produce a lot of loud sounds, which can make your early cleaning operations inconvenient for kids and neighbors. Look for devices that have a lower noise level and are more bearable in form. The best bagged vacuum cleaning units are noiseless or low-noise.
The market abounds in such bagged upright vacuums, and you should take out time to consider your needs, pros and cons of each unit as well as your budget in order to get the best bagged vacuum.